Well I just spent the last two hours in front of my computer watching and reading feeds on the Keynote event from WWDC. Now I can give you a simple break down about what you need to know about iOS5 the new operating system for iPhone, iPad and Touch:
Note: iOS5 is the system that runs on your phone, like Windows XP. This is not a new phone but expect one to be announced in the next few months.
- It will be out this fall. (I am thinking Sept. which would match up when people think a new iPhone will be released.)
- There are all new notifications making it easier keep track of weather, texts, calls, etc.
- Twitter integration, if you don’t have Twitter get it, it is going to be a big part of iOS5.
- A new Reminders app that will make it easier to remember to do things.
- The Camera app will be faster, you can edit pictures and use the volume up button to take pictures.
- Mail will be much better.
- You will be able to wirelessly sync to your computer.
- iMessage like instant messaging for iOS5 users, looks really good.
- They are also adding a ton of stuff to help developers make better apps!
This is the basics of what we will get this fall. All of these new features look really smooth and will keep the iPhone ahead of the competition. You can read a lot more on Apple’s new iOS5 page. I will keep you updated over the next few months.