At some magical point tomorrow, September 18th, Apple will release iOS 7 to the masses. Before you go ahead and press that update button, I have a few points for you to consider that might save you a headache.
- Backup your iPhone – Please, please backup your phone before updating. Everything should work, but better safe than sorry (you’re probably due for a backup anyways). My recommendation, plug it into a computer and back it up in iTunes. Make sure your photos are backed up too!!! Here’s an article to help or this one.
- Maybe don’t update right away – Not what you expected me to say, huh? Apple’s servers are going to be busy. If you rely on having your iPhone available, maybe wait a little while and make sure you have some down time.
- Be patient once you do update – Like I have said, iOS 7 is a big change, it might be frustrating, confusing or obnoxious at first. Give it some time, I think it will grow on you.
- Update your apps – Yeah I’m looking at you with the circle with the big number in it above the app store app. Update your apps now, it can only help.
- Backup your iPhone – Did I mention this already? Oh yeah I did, because it is really important, see #1.
I hope these help, if you know someone with an iPhone that might need this, please share it!